Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Only Two Months Left.

I hope you're shopping for your party shoes, 'cause we're only TWO months away from the best day of my life. 


All of the big things are taken care of. My mom says that there are only a couple things that people really remember from weddings anyway. The food, the music, and the bride's dress! Heeheehee, she's so wise. So we've got those things covered, the rest is just details :)


Josh is so wonderful. I just never in my life ever ever ever expected to be engaged to a man who wants to be a part of the wedding planning. He has great ideas and he takes big things off our to-do list so I can focus on the fun stuff like flowers and lights and sparkles. We need some wood for some of the decor, so this morning he went on a walk with his chain saw. We need a permit from the Parks Dept, so he calls and gets all the details. We need a honeymoon destination, so he combs the internet for the best deals and fun ideas. What an awesome groom! 


I, on the other hand, have not been able to keep it together very well. Recently I've been too overwhelmed to handle all the details, so I've ended up in tears a couple of times. But that's ok. It's good to cry and acknowledge that it's difficult and then move on with the priorities. Plus, my Aunt Wendy says that a girl should have a good cry once a day. 


Anyway, all this to say that today I am shopping for my party shoes. I don't expect them to be too comfortable because most pretty shoes aren't comfy anyway! But they will sure be fun to hit the dancefloor in. Two months til I get to have my first dance with my husband. I'm so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment