First of all, Josh is an excellent cook. Truly, the recipes he thinks up are always delicious and they take time and effort to cook, which is actually really fun. I'm used to healthy food fast, so it will be good to take more time with cooking.
It's going to be great to have a roommate to do fun things with - like a built in buddy to hang out with friends, go out, or just sit at home together. I like the way Josh lives his life; he expends energy in the right places and is economical about his emotions. I want to learn how to be more like that.
I'm excited to listen to him. I want to know how his day goes and how he's doing. He sees the world around him differently than most. The way he takes it in is interesting to me. Josh loves nature and the God who created it all. I'm happy to be with someone who takes time to appreciate sunsets and mountains and stars and clouds. It teaches us to slow down, look around, and enjoy this beautiful place.
Soon I'll have a roommate to talk about finances with, to make big decisions with, like where to live and work and where to invest my time. It's going to be nice to have an accountability partner in those areas of my life, to keep and eye out for each other and make sure we're not doing anything silly, and also to keep each other savvy.
My new roommate is going to make it so that I'm never alone. I'll be alone every so often, and we're going to have to budget some alone-time into our life, but I won't really be alone anymore. I have lived a more solitary life than most. And I'm blessed that there is an end to that solitude in sight.
And finally, a husband is a roommate you get to SNUGGLE! Which is one of the things I'm looking forward to most. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment